What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad user

JETSMUM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to go out and buy my first IPAD please could someone tell me what accessories are essential - I know I will need a camera connector kit to copy photos from SD cards but what else is essential to get my IPAD up and running

many many thanks

JETSMUM

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there's nothing essential to get it running. That all comes in the box. The CCK is a good choice if you transfer photos from another camera to the iPad without using a PC.

Other than that, you might want to consider a case to protect it. The choice is huge and you should probably do your research based on how you will use your iPad, but the official Apple SmartCase (complete protection) and SmartCover (screen protection only) are very good, if expensive.

Hope you enjoy your new device! :D

OP
J

JETSMUM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks
Another question - do you need to have a mobile phone connection to use the ipad or does it link with the usual windows email accounts without any difficulty?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
JETSMUM said:
Thanks
Another question - do you need to have a mobile phone connection to use the ipad or does it link with the usual windows email accounts without any difficulty?

G'day Jetsmum. Firstly, you do not have to have a mobile or another computer to operate email on your iPad. Assuming you don't have those gadgets, you set up your email operation by tapping "Settings"' then tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and then tap "Add Account". If you do not use/choose those 7 email clients suggested by your imaginative and adventurous iPad, tap "Other" and then choose "Add Mail Account". You will need to fill in the requested info (user name, email address, password) to operate the "Mail"app on your iPad. If not sure your Internet Service Provider will easily provide that for you.
Of course, if you are using email on your mobile or PC, the set-up info will be the same as you used to set up email on them. Once iPad is also set up, you will be able to read, delete etc your emails on all 3 gadgets.
All the best, Andrew.

Most reactions

Latest posts