What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad user

dan281082

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys i have been asked to look into what my company would need to make best use of ipads.

we are a sales force and want the guys on the road to use the ipads, showing customers product videos,spec sheets,drawings(mainly pdf), viewing our website.

also they can view and send lotus emails, check office documents and edit.

so i need to know what software/apps to run on ipads? is there a need for us to have maybe a office mac laptop/pc to get full use out of the ipads,

Anybody who can assist me would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Ibooks is a good pdf reader for free. A very good paid one is Good Reader for pdf and other extension files.
If they want to stay linked to their desktop/laptop on the go Splashtop is worth looking at. It works with Mac and PC.
I'm sure others with a more extensive knowledge will add to those.
Welcome to the forum

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

Reaction score
Tim, I think from now on I'm going to state "welcome to the forum. Tim a poster who knows a WHOLE lot more than i, and will add a lot more beneficial information, will be along shortly". I think that or "I'm here to say welcome to the forum to hold you over until Tim, who is one of the most knowledgeable members here gets a chance to welcome you in a few minutes".
Thanks Tim for all your help and warm greetings to new members.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only possible hitch is Lotus Mail.

I know there are several apps in the store that are supposed to work with Lotus servers, but I don't' know how well they work. If you can get lotus mail through normal email clients (I really don't know much about Lotus), then no problem. There is a solution, usually several, for everything you want to do.

You won't need a specific laptop or mac to run the iPads. With iOS 5 coming out in Fall you may (depending on what you do) not need a computer at all. Apple has a lot of information for businesses and enterprise deployment of iPads. You should probably go through that to make sure you don't need these extra features/options/software.

Apple - Support - iPad - Enterprise

They recently started a special business app store where businesses can buy apps in bulk for their employees.

Apple - Business - App Store Volume Purchasing for Business

And that is about all I know about that side of iPadness.

Most reactions

Latest posts