What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad user problems since downloading ios6 HELP!!!!

Gags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there all.

I'm am new to ipadforum, and I come in frustration, but with hope.

I recently purchased iPad 3, 32gb, wifi-3G. Main reason for purchase was for my 9 year old children and personal use with social networking and general interest use.

My initial experience has been fantastic, but then I downloaded ios6 and well since then I am having nothing but problems.

Errors, cannot connect to iTunes Store.
I am unable to connect to Facebook
I am unable to connect to youtube.
Difficult to download general websites
Running slow generally

Can anyone please help !!!!

Gags

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you closed all programs in the multi-task bar?

Have tried a restart? Hold the sleep button until the close bar comes up and slide to close. Then restart.
The final step would be to reboot. Updating often needs this. Hold the sleep and home buttons until the apple appears.

twinscher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Os6 is terrible. In typical Apple tradition, it is way ahead of itself. The biggest problem I have is battery life. It used to be great with os5, but now it is terrible. I have turned off everything including email updates and notifications. Still bad.

I used to read kindle on IPad, but the battery life is so bad I have purchased a kindle. Apple will catch up, but for me it may be too late.

Tom

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PERSONALLY I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IOS6 BATTERY USAGE.

twinscher said:
Os6 is terrible. In typical Apple tradition, it is way ahead of itself. The biggest problem I have is battery life. It used to be great with os5, but now it is terrible. I have turned off everything including email updates and notifications. Still bad.

I used to read kindle on IPad, but the battery life is so bad I have purchased a kindle. Apple will catch up, but for me it may be too late.

Tom

I actually find that IOS6 gives slightly better battery life, particularly when reading eBooks. It is great to open Settings/General/Usage and see how's many hours I have actually used my iPad since the last full charge - which I tend to do every 2 days, leaving it on charge overnight.

At the moment I have used it for over 4 hours - mostly reading eBooks and newspapers, it has been on standby for over 13 hours, and it is showing 76% battery power still available. Not at all bad. I can live with that especially as it means that I can probably read for another 11 - 12 hours before recharging.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

twinscher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will monitor the battery using the method you suggested... Thanks

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too get 10 hours of use - general browsing, reading, the odd game etc. however I do run my screen at around 30% brightness. If I use my iPad in a brightly sunlit room next ie conservatory & play a graphically intensive game such as Dark Meadow with the brightness up, then the time will reduce to around 6 hours, but IMO that is to be expected.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will monitor the battery using the method you suggested... Thanks

There is a nice free App in the App store called Battery Doctor plus, which is pleasant to use, helpful for maintaining a good battery life and gives very useful battery usage info. Try it.
Regards, Andrew

twinscher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the battery saver. Very helpful. I also drained the battery and charged it fully. That also seems to help. Thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

Latest posts