What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad user from the UK

greenstead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a 64GB iPad wi-fi almost on impulse and know little about it. I am finding my way around my new iPad and its features.

Its my first venture into the Mac world. (tho my wife has an iPhone).

After one week first impressions of my iPad:
- Excellent overall design & quality and the touch screen interface is a joy to use
- Wi-Fi connectivity works effortlessly both with hotels and my home network
- Excellent for browsing the web
- Maps (aka google) very useful
- Apps store is very useful and I already have a screen full of free apps I like e.g. Netportal to access my windows home sever, Sketchbook, Free Books, Dragon dictation, and some fun games.

Surprises:
- No inbuilt folder/file management
- No inbuilt printing ability
- No Mac stylus

Looking forward to learning more about how to make the iPad a usefull addition to my home network, and hope to get advice from other enthusiastic iPad owners on this forum.

Greenstead

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Although your wife probably knows most of what's in here, you should probably spend a little "quality time" with the iPad User Guide. I know, you're saying, "My iPad didn't come with a user guide!", but there a couple of places to get it.

1) As a free pdf from the Apple website under the Support tab.
2) As a free "iBook" that you can download after you install the free iBook app.
3) Use the online version that can be accessed through the link provided in the Safari browser app.

As far as file management, that can be done through jailbreaking. Since you just bought your iPad, I will assume that the software version is 3.2.2 and there is no jailbreak for this version... yet.

As far as printing, this will be available in a manner of sorts when the new 4.2 software is release some time in November. From what I understand, printing can be done with a wireless printer made to work with the Apple iOS software.

As far as a the stylus, plenty available on the aftermarket.

At least it looks like the pros outweigh the cons!

Most reactions

Latest posts