What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad still hard to find

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how is the stock on the new ipads in stores i will be geting mine in a few weeks.
some stores near me dont have them in stock

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen them at Target and Best Buy near me, and my neighborhood AT&T shop said they had them in stock, too, when I stopped by to pick up an SD card for my Android phablet.

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the Apple store in downtown Toronto five days after the new ipad was released to check out the retina display. I asked how many weeks I would have to wait to buy one, to my dismay, they had plenty of them in stock and I ended up walking out with one. No prep time to figure out how to explain this latest purchase to my wife :(
The iPhone 4 on the other hand, was much tougher for me to get a hold of.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajcgn said:
I went to the Apple store in downtown Toronto five days after the new ipad was released to check out the retina display. I asked how many weeks I would have to wait to buy one, to my dismay, they had plenty of them in stock and I ended up walking out with one. No prep time to figure out how to explain this latest purchase to my wife :(
The iPhone 4 on the other hand, was much tougher for me to get a hold of.

Apple has learned a lot from recent years.....they made sure to have plenty of iPads for everyone.

Sincity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None at the three Vegas Apple stores, Fry's, BB, Wallys, or Target.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think apple did a really good job with initial demand but as the initial stock begins to sell out I think it will be a little harder to get one. All of the best buys around me are out of stock on wifi only versions and said it would be a while before they get more. Not sure on my local apple store since they are always busy so I don't bother asking them since I already have one.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Physical stock in the volume needed to keep every store in every model is a logistics nightmare - even for a company as well positioned as Apple.

They are doing a great job meeting demand, while continuing to make record sales numbers.

Todd400

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no local apple store but the three within 1-2 hours from me all were in stock Thursday, I gladly made a 2 hour round trip to take advantage of the zero intrest offer and pick up a 64gb ipad3 in cincinnati rather than wait for April 23 - 30 delivery date thru the
Apple online store.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to order mine and I live in MI and it took nine days for me to get the white 64 gb ipad, but it was well worth the wait and now its resting nicely in its outerbox defender case. Now Im the proud owner of two IPAD and the iphone 4s.

claudel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In & Out of the Lancaster, Pa. Apple Store with a shiny new iPad 32GB black wifi in about 10 minutes a couple of days ago.

Seemed like the best price at the time too.

Now all I need to do is find a few apps and port 25 years of "regular" computer use habits.

Most reactions