What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad screen protector?

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
Get Zagg !! If you get it at best buys they install it free and YES you need one even with a case

Funny because when I purchased my Zagg screen protector at BestBuy, it cost an extra $15 for installation. Was that just my local store?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny because when I purchased my Zagg screen protector at BestBuy, it cost an extra $15 for installation. Was that just my local store?

Both times I saw BB installing the protectors for free, was on release day! I don't know if they always do it for free. I only go to best buy to get iPads, it would seem. :)

Jduckip3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
paulvalerio said:

They charged me $15 for my IPad 2.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was free with purchase. They charge 15.00 if you bring it in from another store. If you were charged take it back with receipts and get credit. I have three best buys near me. They have always done this. The protector is around 29.00 the receipt breaks it in half since half goes to geek squad but it's still free install.

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
Mine was free with purchase. They charge 15.00 if you bring it in from another store. If you were charged take it back with receipts and get credit. I have three best buys near me. They have always done this. The protector is around 29.00 the receipt breaks it in half since half goes to geek squad but it's still free install.

Yea they charged me 15 for my samsung vibrant when I got that, 15 when I went back for my samsung galaxy note, and 15 for my fathers iPad 2. They stated install was $15 and if I ever had to use the warranty through Zagg to replace, that i could bring it up to the store and have them reinstall free.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
OCD folks definitely don't need screen protectors. The screen is already prefect. A protector just makes it worse!!!!!!

I just installed the Zagg full body protector on my iPad3. I have to agree that the screen protector just makes the screen worse. I'm leaving the back protector but removing the one on the screen. One of the "sexy" things about the iPad is the feel of the screen under your fingers. This protector just feels awful!

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

missly03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed the Zagg full body protector on my iPad3. I have to agree that the screen protector just makes the screen worse. I'm leaving the back protector but removing the one on the screen. One of the "sexy" things about the iPad is the feel of the screen under your fingers. This protector just feels awful!

Did you install the original invisible shield or the Invisible shield HD?

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
missly03 said:
Did you install the original invisible shield or the Invisible shield HD?

The HD. I've left the back on though.

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iVisor AG is excellent. Its installation is a breeze since it only adheres around the edge so you don't have to fight bubbles, wrinkles and dust. It helps some with glare but the biggest advantage I see is virtually no fingerprints.

Last edited:

Most reactions