What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad scrabble

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does updated EA Scrabble app not allow me to connect with friends. It does require FB now, unfortunately, but FB refuses to open game due to what it calls wrong platform for game. So frustrated..sorry if this a duplicate post but hard to imagine I am only one with this app issue on new iPad. Thanks for any input

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A notifications setting adjustment fixed one problem but if you have the old app keep it as all new scrabble apps seem to require a Facebook connection. Keep in mind all my posts are From a forum rookie. All help has been appreciated!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't used FaceBook with Scrabble for a long time, being content to play the occasional game against the AI. I like the easy wins. ;)

But, what the heck, I'll re-add my account and see what happens.

It will probably be a day or so before I've played with it enough to report what I find.

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To Twerppoet
Thanks. Looking at the app reviews it might be an update problem. I reloaded the game which allows playing without FB, however new iPad not getting notifications despite same settings in Notification Center for sounds AND alerts as old iPad which works fine. Old ipad1 Gets alerts on lock screen and Sounds every time it is my turn in scrabble or a new email comes in. ..Unlike my new iPad. Except for retina display I believe I prefer my old iPad.
However, I have OCD when it comes to iPad problems and am still looking for a POSSIBLE wrong setting. Help, PLEEEEASE..anyone.?!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Don't thank me too much. While I re-associated my app with FaceBook I haven't played a game yet. It is almost impossible to join a public game from the iPad. They are gone almost before you see them.

I'll try starting my own when I have the time to pay attention.

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out my mail setting was wrong and get mail alerts now but not sure scrabble alert works. Also, since I am bugging you, are notifications supposed to appear with the swipe down action on the lock screen? My swipe down only causes them to appear as a swipe down list on the home page. The good news is I received the alert on my screen when you posted your recent reply. All help is much appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The lock screen is locked, you can't swipe down on it to get the notification list. If you have the View on Lockscreen turned on, and the notification appears, you can swipe the icon to the right to go directly to the application; similar to the unlock swipe.

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I've got it...so a new alert will appear on actual lock screen. .. You just cannot pull down other notifications. That would make more sense or defeat the notice of a locked screen, although even a notice on a locked screen seems questionable privacy-wise.
As u can tell, I am very picky.

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uwdawgfan said:
I think I've got it...so a new alert will appear on actual lock screen. .. You just cannot pull down other notifications. That would make more sense or defeat the notice of a locked screen, although even a notice on a locked screen seems questionable privacy-wise.
As u can tell, I am very picky.

Oops. Never mind that privacy comment...I can deselect view on lock screen, right? Duh!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Pretty much every type of notification can be turned on/off individually.

I don't know of the swipe to unlock would work with a passcode protected iPad. Probably not.

OP
U

uwdawgfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for bearing with me. Hope to find you next time. (no hiding!)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I've played about 6 games since, and the notifications appear to work fine. You don't get notified for every move, just when it's your turn.

I tested with all the notification options on.

monarchs100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also am havinag many problems with the new ipad Scrabble app including losing my previous games. I no longer have th eoption to play with other guests. I don't want to go through facebook. Any suggestions of a way to get to the last versison would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only way to roll back your version is if you have the older version saved in iTunes on your computer. If you do, simply delete the app from the iPad, and use iTunes to sync the old one back to the iPad. Be careful with your sync settings (go over each app individually and make sure it's checkmarked) to make sure you don't accidentally remove apps when getting Scrabble back.

I have not had any troubles with the current iPad version; but saw an article today about people being up in arms about the recent changes to the iPhone version.

Most reactions

Latest posts