What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad - random quits from some apps

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

with my original iPad 1 and after the ios 5.1 upgrade in particular I sometimes had the occurrence of apps simply 'quiting' for no reason. Via the iPad forums board I picked up that memory shortage was probably the case and a reset would resolve the issue.

One of the upgrades with new iPad but no often referenced is that it has double the on board chip memory (from 512Kb to 1Gb) from iPad 2 (and 4 times more than the original iPad).

However the other days I had some random 'quits' on new iPad with "Ice Age Village" app.

I assume this may be a random app glitch rather than any sort of memory issues but interested to learn if any other new iPad users have had similar with this or other apps.

SquiderDragon

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried some of the common fixes? Reset, redownloading the troublesome apps? If not, I suggest a trip to the genius bar. You never know? Maybe you have a hardware problem?

Good luck and I hope you can find an answer:)

Ian W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has done it with Tapatalk of all apps! Usually when posting a new message.... Fingers crossed not this time lol

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find a lot of the app 'quits' on iPad are caused by me hitting the home button accidentally.

The only app I found to quite unexpectedly on my jailbroken iPhone on 4.33 is ironically this IPF app when I bring up subscribed threads.

OP
SquiderDragon

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried some of the common fixes? Reset, redownloading the troublesome apps? If not, I suggest a trip to the genius bar. You never know? Maybe you have a hardware problem?

Good luck and I hope you can find an answer:)

Cheers! I will monitor but think it will be an isolated incident - if not will check out at a genius bar as suggested.

SquiderDragon.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
I find a lot of the app 'quits' on iPad are caused by me hitting the home button accidentally.

The only app I found to quite unexpectedly on my jailbroken iPhone on 4.33 is ironically this IPF app when I bring up subscribed threads.

I was having problems with my iPad. I brought it to the genius bar and this forum was one of the problems that was causing it to freeze up and stop. They were able to hook it up to their computer and figure out which apps were causing it to shut off.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
I was having problems with my iPad. I brought it to the genius bar and this forum was one of the problems that was causing it to freeze up and stop. They were able to hook it up to their computer and figure out which apps were causing it to shut off.

What iPad and iOS version are you on? I've found the IPF app is rock solid on my iPad 3 with iOS 5.1

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
What iPad and iOS version are you on? I've found the IPF app is rock solid on my iPad 3 with iOS 5.1

The same as you - 32G 4G AT&T. I was having issues, brought it to the genius bar. They hooked up to their Mac and scanned it. They said two apps were causing it, the IPF and USA Today apps. Did a reset and haven't had any issues since.

Most reactions

Latest posts