What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Pro v 2018 model.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok.....
So I've been reading up on the new iPad Pro and really there isn't a lot of difference in the new ones and the 2018 models, for what I do on my iPad (iPad Pro 2017 10.5") the upgraded camera ect doesn't matter to me.
I'm thinking perhaps go for the 2018 model and go up in size to the 12.9" as they are now greatly discounted.
I would welcome any thoughts on this.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you can save a significant amount of money, I agree there is no big reason to buy the current model over the 2018 version. It is certainly not enough to make me upgrade this year. I’m pretty happy with my 2018 12.9” iPad Pro. Just keep in mind that the larger iPad Pro plus keyboard is more of a desktop/stand/keyboard sort of beast. Enough so that I picked up the newest iPad Mini for hand held/reading tasks rather than wearing my arms out holding the big one for extended periods of time.

It’s great for just about every thing else. And when reading magazines, manga, and comic books I put up with the weight to read on the huge screen. Usually gets propped on my conveniently large belly while leaning back in a comfy chair.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can save a significant amount of money, I agree there is no big reason to buy the current model over the 2018 version. It is certainly not enough to make me upgrade this year. I’m pretty happy with my 2018 12.9” iPad Pro. Just keep in mind that the larger iPad Pro plus keyboard is more of a desktop/stand/keyboard sort of beast. Enough so that I picked up the newest iPad Mini for hand held/reading tasks rather than wearing my arms out holding the big one for extended periods of time.

It’s great for just about every thing else. And when reading magazines, manga, and comic books I put up with the weight to read on the huge screen. Usually gets propped on my conveniently large belly while leaning back in a comfy chair.
Thanks TP, Good advice as always :)

Most reactions

Latest posts