1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New iPad owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by CobraAviTek, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum. I was given an iPad 3, 32GB this past weekend as a gift. I've never had one before and am wondering if it will be useful or practical in anyway so I'm anxious to learn about it's capabilities. I've never been a huge Apple fan but I have always kept an open mind. I do have an Ipod nano (1st Gen), Ipod nano (3rd Gen), Ipod Touch (3rd Gen), and now this Ipad 3. Although I've owened them, the first two were basically used as music players and nothing more. The Touch was also used as only a music player and a work out tracker as well. I just never got into using it a whole lot. It seemed more like a toy that would be used for music and games more than anything. I've clearly underestimated the capabilities but have no idea what practical uses I could get from the touch or the Ipad. That is why I'm here, to learn about those things. I've already read a few articles that were referred by posts on this site that talked about apps that I would find very useful. I'm looking forward to finding more. At the very least, it will be a great source for learning apps and games for my 3 month old as he grows. My wife is a teacher, so I'm sure she can also find uses for it. I hope to learn a lot.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Congrats on the iPad and welcome to the forum!