What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Owner

Z1N1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bulletproofpoet.com
Hi all. I'm an IT Manager for a public school system that is predominately a Windows environment.

I have a personal iPad1 and an iPad2 my employer gave me. I was able to download (for free) all the apps I had previously paid for onto the new iPad. However, I'd like to be able to sync my iBooks as well. When I first launched iBooks on the iPad2 I WAS asked if I wanted to sync with my account. YES. But none of my books downloaded. Is there a quick and easy way to do this or will I have to re-downloaded all of those books?

Thanks in advance!

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have the books on iTunes, then you should be able to sync them.

nats007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No ones replying to my posts, almost as annoying as apple customer services!, does anyone know why videos and tv programmed are not syncing with my iPad?, they play after downloading perfectly, but after sync they do not even download on to it, is driving me mental, Hand brake won't work because the items are protected by apple firm the apple store iTunes please someone help me thank you .

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No ones replying to my posts, almost as annoying as apple customer services!, does anyone know why videos and tv programmed are not syncing with my iPad?, they play after downloading perfectly, but after sync they do not even download on to it, is driving me mental, Hand brake won't work because the items are protected by apple firm the apple store iTunes please someone help me thank you .

I think you're not getting any response because you're adding your post to an existing thread that's about another topic. You will get a good response if you start a new thread that deals with the specific problem that you have.

Are other data synching OK with your iPad - for example music and photos - or is it just videos and TV that you're having the problem with? Anyway, I would suggest you start a new thread in the Help section of the Forum and give it a descriptive title so that Members can identify what the issue is; there are thousands of posts a day and so it's impossible for Members to read every item that posted on the Forum, so a descriptive title will help them know whether it's a topic that they'll be able to help with.

Tim

nats007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you how do I start a new one, sorry all a bit new to this, everything else's is syncing just fine, it's so frustrating, it's driving me insane, apple have not replied, thank you for your response.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a specific problem, then you can either post a question or use the Search button near the top of the Forum web page.

If you want to post a problem, you’ll probably want to either append your question to an existing thread if your problem is related to the topic being discussed in that thread, or start a new discussion (thread). To do that, you need to navigate back to the ‘iPad Forum’ page (button near the top of the Forum web page), then choose a discussion area that you think most suits the problem you want to discuss - say ‘iPad DiY’, click to enter that area and then you’ll see a button ‘Start New Thread’. You can click on that and enter a title for your thread and the usual text box where you can type the details of your problem.

It makes sense to use a thread title that’s as descriptive as possible. So I wouldn’t call a thread ‘I have a problem’ because no one scanning through the thread will know what the problem is or whether they can help and, since there are so many posts made each day, no one has time to read them all.

So, instead, make the title of the thread as specific as possible - ‘iPad screen goes blank every 5 seconds’, for example would be better (though not as good as it could be, I have to admit) and then give as much detail of the problem as you can.

But don’t be afraid to post - all the Forum members are really nice and the Moderators keep them under control and make sure they’re well behaved and polite - well, most of the time!!

But just enjoy your iPad. Like any new product, they'll be 'issues' that will arise - first piece of advice, don't panic and don't do anything rash. I've read of people who have restored their iPads - generally a last resort - when the problem was far far simpler.
Tim
Scotland

OP
Z

Z1N1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bulletproofpoet.com
If you have the books on iTunes, then you should be able to sync them.
I downloaded them straight to the iPad from the App Store. If I need to upload them from the iPad1 to iTunes then DL them to the iPad2, then it would be easier to just re-download them straight from the App Store again.

I think I'll go ahead and do it that way. I only have about 20 books right now so it shouldn't take too long.

Thanks for the response Stephen777

Most reactions