What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad Owner/Couple General Questions

Shaun3373

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have any suggestions to why my battery is draining so quick. I turn it off and sometime I can turn it back on and the battery has drained even more. There must be something that I am doing wrong?

Secondly, I am also wondering if I need to turn of my 3G setting when my Ipad is off because I used up my initial data plan in like 3 days. So again there must be something I need to turn off or I am leaving on in idle mode. Is there a way to ensure that my data plan is only being used when there is no WIFI?

Thanks, Shaun

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have no direct answer for your question, and how much does It drain and how fast, i dont eather know what apps u have installed or how many push notifications that are enabled on your paddy.

But some good thumbrules about the battery life can u read about here on this link from Apple.

Apple - Batteries - iPad

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some usefull programs our there that maybe can bring some light upon your issue.

Systeminfo for ipad
System manager for ipad
Is two apps that u find in appstore.

Is your paddy jailbroken? If yes, then u can send me a message and i'll tell u some further info how to get these apps.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad Sweden Excellent Advice!

Shaun, in addition to clicking on the link to Apple that iPad Sweden provided, you might want to download the manual for the iPad via iBook app. There is a lot of information and active links in the users guide that would give you a lot of information.

I have a wifi-3G iPad. I have signed up for the US$14.95 and I rarely use up my data allotment. I did notice that I use up a lot of the plan when I am in YouTube. I'm in YouTube because friends post videos in their Facebook news feeds and I would click on their videos. So I've learned to wait until I get to a wifi hotspot to look at those videos. I also learned that downloading apps via 3G is not only SLOW, that activity uses up a lot of the data plan. That applies to downloading podcasts, music, etc. Ironically, typing messages in this forum does not use any or very little data! Getting your email uses up data too--especially if your correspondents have a propensity to send attachments in their email.

Welcome to the forum. You will find this place a remarkably informative, useful, and entertaining forum.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. I also learned that downloading apps via 3G is not only SLOW, that activity uses up a lot of the data plan. That applies to downloading podcasts, music, etc. Ironically, typing messages in this forum does not use any or very little data! Getting your email uses up data too--especially if your correspondents have a propensity to send attachments in their email.

Welcome to the forum. You will find this place a remarkably informative, useful, and entertaining forum.

Matt ~ how do you know this? I pay $25/mo to AT&T for 3G. Or is it the wifi...no no I think it is the 3G.:eek:

I want to know-how much I use every month and if I can get away without it.

I should not hijack the OP thread here...i will make a new one so find it!

OP
S

Shaun3373

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone that was very helpful. I am so glad that I found this forum. No problem hijacking the thread Sweet. It will help me too. LOL Thanks again

jaybrass73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay £10 per month with O2, no help to you guys in the States granted (!) but I haven't used my 1GB allocation yet.

It's a good suggestion to download the iPad manual into iBooks, it has some good info.

wbskipsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new and want to know how to download a personal video I took with my iPad to facebook????? Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts