What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad owner and a convert from android!

kilo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, well, got my iPad 2 days ago (I am a convert from android phones!) and thought I would join this forum to see what all this apple thing was about!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kilo6 said:
Hi all, well, got my iPad 2 days ago (I am a convert from android phones!) and thought I would join this forum to see what all this apple thing was about!

Awesome, enjoy your iPad! What Android phone did you have? I've had horrendous luck with Android phones, I've had them since March of 2010. Anxiously awaiting til I can run over mine with my car when I bring my iPhone 4S home.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
 of course we do! Doh!! You are forgetful! We collect them at school occasionally. Envelopes go round collecting them.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's no hope for you! Wind up merchant! I must be in cloud cuckoo land and going round the twist or something!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
No, don't do that, recycle it. We send them off in UK for recycling.

Just kidding, I wouldnt run it over. I certainly feel like it though!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
kilo6

kilo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From android to apple, a new converts thoughts......

4 days ago I got an iPad 2, my 1st apple product. Up until then I had an HTC Desire android phone, I thought it was the best gadget I had ever brought, that is, until 4 days ago! don't get me wrong, android is pretty cool, it's just not iOS. There are things I am going to miss, widgets for one, having the info without opening the app is really helpful, especially in weather, data usage & diary apps. There are also things I thought I would miss like flash and an open source os but don't. Then I fired up iOS and WOW! Slick, visually stunning and ridiculously easy to use. Android offers a great user experience, it's just not quite on a par though. I know I went from a phone to a tablet but ignoring the extra real estate offered the difference is startling. I had a choice between an iPad and a galaxy tab 10.1 and a mate summed it up with "the samsung tab is cool, it's just, its not an iPad" so I took the plunge and boy am I surprised. 75% of tablet sales are iPads and for good reason. Apps are the mainstay of any modern mobile device and apple stands head and shoulders above the rest. They are so more polished and well thought out. Andoid's open source encourages innovation from up and coming devs but that is it's downfall, the android apps lack the polish of apple and look amateurish in comparison. An iPad isn't perfect, the touchscreen can sometimes be a little unresponsive compared to my HTC, i miss some of my widgets and safari is slow at times but the positives outway the negatives by some distance, actually that is a huge understatement, the positives make the iPad 2 the single most brilliant device I have ever owned! I still have a few months left on my phone contract, my HTC is still around but it's becoming just a phone, it used to be my main multimedia device but now it just waits to ring, sadly sitting on the table begging to be played with. Sorry android, apple is worth the hype, you might someday catch up but for now you just don't quite cut it. Bring it on apple I now understand why you own the multimedia device market!

Most reactions