What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Mini 4 setup question

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my Mini 4. This one is the model A1550 with cellular and I would like to know if there is any way to stop the pop up prompt that reminds me that there is no sim card installed. I don't plan to ever use this iPad Mini with a cellular connection so I don't need this reminder showing up when I power it up. Thanks for any help on thiis.

OP
graywoulf

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
find an old deactivated sim card and pop it into the ipad, thats pretty much it.
Thank you for the information. I don't know where I will find one in my area but I will look for one.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Pro wifi+cellular stopped nagging me. In Control Center (swipe up from the bottom) make sure the cellular radio is turned off

0FAFB39D-52E2-48B0-84B2-F1DF9708668F.jpeg

OP
graywoulf

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could find one at a retailer that sells phones. They usually have a selection of SIM cards for sale. I paid $10.00 for a new inactivated SIM card.
I did not know that I could just buy a sim card like that. Would I have to do any kind of activation for it or just use it like it is? Thanks

OP
graywoulf

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is good news! I can get a nano sim from a friend here locally. Thanks.

Most reactions