What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad lost MyWi purchase, help

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I had used aptbackup to save the status of my Cydia purchases on my iPad 1 and did a sync with the iPad to iTunes on my PC to back it up. Then purchased my iPad 2 and restored all my iPad 1 stuff on to my iPad 2 from the backup. And I've now sold my iPad 1. This was all done about a month ago as I've been waiting for the iPad 2 jb, which came thru last week and I installed it on Friday. I installed aptbackup and restored my Cydia purchases. This all worked fine for all my Cydia purchases except for MyWi...

... In place of my MyWi purchase being installed, instead the MyWi 3 day trial was installed and now I appear to be blocked from using MyWi until I purchase it again...

Pls can someone help... What did I do wrong? How do I fix it? Or am I stuck with needing to purchase it again (which isn't cheap by normal app prices)?

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

OP
J

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Btw, before anyone asks... Yes, my original purchase, on the iPad 1, was MyWi 4.0...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I found in the MyWi 4.0 FAQ:

How many devices can I install my purchased license on?

You may install your purchased license on up to 5 devices you own. You may transfer your license(s) if you replace/upgrade your iPhone. If you restore your iPhone, you can simply reinstall without any transfer.

To redownload - simply rejailbreak your iPhone and via Cydia, install the software. You'll need to open Cydia and re-sign in using the same Cydia login.

And…

I purchased a license - but when I retrieve my license, it says it's a trial license

Please ensure you signed in and linked your device to your Cydia Account. (You may have to click "Purchase" but will not have to purchase again)

There's a nice FAQ concerning MyWi 4.0 at the Intelliborn web site…

So, it appears you can get it - don't let the "purchase" button bother you. And, I would assume iPhone = iPad in this case.

Or, ask the developer? But, I'm pretty sure this is the answer...

Good luck.

Marilyn

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely not per device...

Go into Cydia. Does it show as "Package Officially Purchased" like my screen below?

If so, you need to follow the instructions on the screen to download the licence.

Like Marilyn posted, don't be afraid to press purchase to ensure your device is logged in properly. Just don't complete a purchase...

If not, then it sounds like you bought it through Rock and therefore you need to get in touch with Saurik to get the licence transferred properly.

Attachments

• image-2212572586.png
    image-2212572586.png
    143 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts