What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad, little advice

Jawwwwsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few decent games for my iPad when I'm on the train etc, I'm a big fan of games like Assassins Creed, Fable, Command & Conquer, Total War, Call of Duty (all the mainstream ones really!) does anyone have any suggestions for games I can get that would be similar to these??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll find several threads on the Forum with Members suggestions for their 'Top Ten' games etc. So have a look around - there's also a thread on the best free games.

Tim

OP
J

Jawwwwsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a look, but I was more looking for someone with experience to say "oh yeah, this game is rather similar in game play to Fable" or something, not just lists of what others like.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - no problem! I'm probably the only iPad owner who has no games on their iPad at all!

So better to wait for others....

Tim

OP
J

Jawwwwsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hahaa no worries, I've been googling for the last hour or so (I'm pretty certain I should be working, but this iPad is too enthralling!) and I've found a few things, but I am still looking for an Age of Empires/Civilisation type game (not futuristic like Command and Conquer, I want to command little dwarves to run around in circles whilst on a train) so any suggestions from people would be cool!

OP
J

Jawwwwsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to double Post, but a separate question I have just popped into my head, what is the best file system browser for the iPad??

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm probably the only iPad owner who has no games on their iPad at all!

No. You are not the only one.

what is the best file system browser for the iPad?

Also a topic of much discussion. Bottom line....I don't think there is such a beast. Lack of access to the file system is a "feature" of iOS.

OP
J

Jawwwwsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well, guess I might have to jailbreak it, which means downgrading to 4.3.x (whatever can be jailbroken, I forget) and put a GBA rom on it for Pokemon! Can't beat the oldies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless you've got 4.3.3 'blobs', you won't be able to downgrade to this version of iOS, the only one for which a jail break is available.

Tim

Most reactions