1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New iPad, little advice

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jawwwwsh, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Jawwwwsh

Jawwwwsh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking for a few decent games for my iPad when I'm on the train etc, I'm a big fan of games like Assassins Creed, Fable, Command & Conquer, Total War, Call of Duty (all the mainstream ones really!) does anyone have any suggestions for games I can get that would be similar to these??
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You'll find several threads on the Forum with Members suggestions for their 'Top Ten' games etc. So have a look around - there's also a thread on the best free games.

Tim
  3. Jawwwwsh

Jawwwwsh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had a look, but I was more looking for someone with experience to say "oh yeah, this game is rather similar in game play to Fable" or something, not just lists of what others like.
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    OK - no problem! I'm probably the only iPad owner who has no games on their iPad at all!

So better to wait for others....

Tim
  5. Jawwwwsh

Jawwwwsh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hahaa no worries, I've been googling for the last hour or so (I'm pretty certain I should be working, but this iPad is too enthralling!) and I've found a few things, but I am still looking for an Age of Empires/Civilisation type game (not futuristic like Command and Conquer, I want to command little dwarves to run around in circles whilst on a train) so any suggestions from people would be cool!
  6. Jawwwwsh

Jawwwwsh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to double Post, but a separate question I have just popped into my head, what is the best file system browser for the iPad??
  7. oberkc

oberkc iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    No. You are not the only one.

Also a topic of much discussion. Bottom line....I don't think there is such a beast. Lack of access to the file system is a "feature" of iOS.
  8. Jawwwwsh

Jawwwwsh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh well, guess I might have to jailbreak it, which means downgrading to 4.3.x (whatever can be jailbroken, I forget) and put a GBA rom on it for Pokemon! Can't beat the oldies.
  9. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Unfortunately, unless you've got 4.3.3 'blobs', you won't be able to downgrade to this version of iOS, the only one for which a jail break is available.

Tim