What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad, ipad 3, not synching photos correctly with ios 5.1.1

Youhavenoidea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I am sort of new to this forum, I say sort of because I look at it quite a bit but never really posted anything, I am however a frequent user of the Apple store forum; but have struggled to get any answers there, hoped someone here might help. I have the new iPad as my "subject" indicates, and have got the latest greatest iOS however, it seems that there is a problem with this combination and that photos do not synch correctly, I also should add that I have also the first generation iPad and the iPad 2, and have not got these problems, everything I have read on the apple forum suggests this is a common problem with the iPad 3, was wondering if ppl on this forum also had the same issue? Basically when I try to synch my 8000+ photos it randomly selects several hundred at most and copies those over, to add to my woes, the thumbnail on some photos display in strange shapes and odd sizes I have done everything I can think off including re-synching several 100 times, restoring, rebooting deleting, if anyone one knows of this problem, has the same issues, has a solution, knows of a solution, please help!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

hd107a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Youhavenoidea said:
Guys, I am sort of new to this forum, I say sort of because I look at it quite a bit but never really posted anything, I am however a frequent user of the Apple store forum; but have struggled to get any answers there, hoped someone here might help. I have the new iPad as my "subject" indicates, and have got the latest greatest iOS however, it seems that there is a problem with this combination and that photos do not synch correctly, I also should add that I have also the first generation iPad and the iPad 2, and have not got these problems, everything I have read on the apple forum suggests this is a common problem with the iPad 3, was wondering if ppl on this forum also had the same issue? Basically when I try to synch my 8000+ photos it randomly selects several hundred at most and copies those over, to add to my woes, the thumbnail on some photos display in strange shapes and odd sizes I have done everything I can think off including re-synching several 100 times, restoring, rebooting deleting, if anyone one knows of this problem, has the same issues, has a solution, knows of a solution, please help!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I thought it was just me. I had the problem of syncing photos and they were screwed up. I created an empty folder and synced to it thus erasing all my photos. I resynced to the folder I wanted and it worked for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts