1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New ipad, ipad 3, not synching photos correctly with ios 5.1.1

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by Youhavenoidea, May 28, 2012.

1. Youhavenoidea

Youhavenoidea iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys, I am sort of new to this forum, I say sort of because I look at it quite a bit but never really posted anything, I am however a frequent user of the Apple store forum; but have struggled to get any answers there, hoped someone here might help. I have the new iPad as my "subject" indicates, and have got the latest greatest iOS however, it seems that there is a problem with this combination and that photos do not synch correctly, I also should add that I have also the first generation iPad and the iPad 2, and have not got these problems, everything I have read on the apple forum suggests this is a common problem with the iPad 3, was wondering if ppl on this forum also had the same issue? Basically when I try to synch my 8000+ photos it randomly selects several hundred at most and copies those over, to add to my woes, the thumbnail on some photos display in strange shapes and odd sizes I have done everything I can think off including re-synching several 100 times, restoring, rebooting deleting, if anyone one knows of this problem, has the same issues, has a solution, knows of a solution, please help!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. ryanlawrence171

ryanlawrence171 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, photo synching is correct but can’t add old version backup to new iOS 5.1.
  3. hd107a

hd107a iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I thought it was just me. I had the problem of syncing photos and they were screwed up. I created an empty folder and synced to it thus erasing all my photos. I resynced to the folder I wanted and it worked for me.