What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Found to be Not so Hot After All Compared to Some Android Tablets

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
New_iPad_heat_chart.JPG

iPad “heatgate†seems to have cooled down a little over the past few days, if you’ll pardon the pun, with no one seeming to be that bothered that the new iPad tends to run a little hotter than the iPad 2, and now Macworld has attempted to settle the matter once and for all by running some tests that compare the new iPad with the iPad 2 and the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime and LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablets. Macworld says that the result of its tests should be reassuring to anyone thinking of buying the new iPad, as although the tests showed that the new iPad does indeed run slightly hotter than the iPad 2, it’s not by very much. Macworld also says that it rigorously tested the new iPad in order to try to reproduce the very high temperatures that have been reported in some quarters, but was unable to get the iPad to run that hot. The tests also revealed that the new iPad was not much hotter than either of the Android tablets.

Source: Not so hot: New iPad heat levels comparable to Android tablets | Macworld

marvso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my iPad 3! It keeps me warm at night but not to warm.

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does run a bit warmer than the iPad2. I noticed that right away, but I would never call it "hot." It still runs a lot cooler than my 11" Toshiba laptop. I never thought it was a big deal. Some people seem to get really upset about the warmer battery, but I don't really don't quite get it. The same people must be the one's complaining so vehemently about the horrible burden of hauling around the extra 1.8 ounces of weight.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was out in the sunshine today, 20 degrees, probably out there for about half hour, 45 mins with brightness at 100%, it got hot pretty quickly, but no hotter than my iPhone gets! Not really a problem.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shobbi said:
yes heating problem but not to much ?????????????????????

No I wouldn't call it a problem, its just different to how the iPad/iPad 2 operates.

asafdari10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad3 got hot today and the screen went black and said, "let device cool down". It was the first time this happened so I let it cool down. I was doing basic web browsing online. Anyone else experience a black screen with a hot message from apple?

Most reactions

Latest posts