What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad Cases

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an Ipad 3 leather case that folds for typing like the original Ipad case? Thanks.

If weight is an issue, then I would say the Incipio Smart Feather is perhaps an ideal fit since it's only 2.4oz. Together with the Apple Smart Cover 4.8~5.1oz, the combo is about the same weight as the original Apple case.

If you have toddlers or infants, then you must pay for protection at all cost....

dynasty82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered one of the new targus cases from amazon. I had one for my ipad2 and loved it. With the new ones it includes a magnet to shut the screen off like the smart covers and has a place for a stylus too. Cant wait

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

dynasty82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No the one I ordered is the targus vuscape. I'm not a fan of the slim case.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No the one I ordered is the targus vuscape. I'm not a fan of the slim case.

I see....those are very similar to the ones I linked. I don't like the vuscapes because of the larger footprint they take in the vertical viewing mode. Just a personal preference.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holding my new iPad in hand ,the first thing I did was try to fit her in my gumdrop drop series case. No good. No matter what they tell ya don't listen. Companies like griffin survivor and gumdrop drop series are saying ipad3 will go in the same ipad2 case. It don't fit the inner shell so as to snap all tabs securely. I put my new iPad in a cheap Belinda folio for now until the 28th when drop cases say they are putting new cases on line. There might be some that fit but mine

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still like my original Apple case for the 1. Functional and I can also stick in my Propup (which I love for reading without holding it or reading in bed) without taking it out of the case. I always carry my Ipad in one of my two Rickshaw Ipad bags so when I use it I want to be able to type on it, read, even have an angle so I can use my BT keyboard if I carry it (in a very thin slip).

I found the Targus for Ipad 3 and think I'll buy the Vuescape--reasonable price, seems to meet my criteria and if needed Ipad should snap out easily to put in Propup which I always use at home. I may run by BB later in the dayto see if they have them in stock today--otherwise Amazon I guess.

dynasty82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diane B said:
I still like my original Apple case for the 1. Functional and I can also stick in my Propup (which I love for reading without holding it or reading in bed) without taking it out of the case. I always carry my Ipad in one of my two Rickshaw Ipad bags so when I use it I want to be able to type on it, read, even have an angle so I can use my BT keyboard if I carry it (in a very thin slip).

I found the Targus for Ipad 3 and think I'll buy the Vuescape--reasonable price, seems to meet my criteria and if needed Ipad should snap out easily to put in Propup which I always use at home. I may run by BB later in the dayto see if they have them in stock today--otherwise Amazon I guess.

You'll like the targus vuscape case. I had one for my iPad 2 and just got my vuscape case for the new iPad on Wednesday. It looks awesome and doesn't interfere with the screen at all. I got the grey one this time instead of the black leather and it feels nice and looks great.

Most reactions

Latest posts