What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad Cases

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might look into otter box or griffin to see if an ipad3 case is on market for it. I'll get my new iPad on Friday. My ipad2 has been in a gumdrop drop series rubber case and screen protection layer since day 1. It's in pristine condition. I think the gumdrop drop series ( military ) case for ip2 is possibly the best protection available anywhere. Seems otter box uses a plastic backing above the silicone backing. The hole in the back is not needed either but it looks nice I guess,
Gum drop ,drop series is the best $69 bucks I ever spent and there's no way another brand could do more to guard the device. I don't how long until an ipad3 case goes to market for gumdrop so it either griffin or otter box this time. I'm a little disappointed in gumdrop for not making one by now. I must hand it to who ever has one ready. They get my money ths time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ii wanted to come back to state that after comparing the otterbox is not near as good as griffin survivor and IMO ,the best is gumdrop drop series military !

I just got off the phone with the Griffin company and because they advertise ( only ones who do at this point ). The griffin survivor series ( not the military version ) is being sold now as a case to fit ipad2 and ipad3. After speaking to them. They tell me that " from the dimensions they were supplied with the ipad3 3rd gen , will fit in their case. The 8 mm added thickness will not matter. The controls will work fine " and most importantly, they say they obviously don't know for sure because nobody has held an ipad3 yet . If you buy it it's entirely possible the fit could be stretched too tight for your taste. My gumdrop dictates that the slightest bit of room which is so slight it is undetectable . The 8mm increase could make it tight enough to put a stretch in the case that might become defective in time. You need a snug but not to snug fit. Believe me. Just to take it off it must give enough as not to rip the silicone. I would not buy it unless there is a warranty or exchange policy that will enable you to get full money back if it's to tight. I see my gumdrop drop series fitting not tight or loose. It is exactly the same construction as the griffin survivor. ( forget otterbox , cheap , inferior product)
Check with the return policy first although Amazon is great for returns so it might be worth the try early on.
I want my device in a case right o o t box but this style protective cae might be weeks away. Don't drop your device unless you have a gumdrop drop series case on it or Griffin's survivor series ase on it. They work. I fell asleep on my couch to find my device resting easy on the floor many times. Not one indication it eer slipped off my lap onto a wood floor. Guess I said enough huh? However I do believe after seeing my 7 month old , mint condition ipad2 that a case with screen and shock protection is paramount and worth more than an AppleCare $79. Charge is worth. IMO. If you don't drop stuff it's not a concern. I need it. Xplane puts me to sleep as it lowers my blood pressure every time.

Last edited:

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might look into otter box or griffin to see if an ipad3 case is on market for it. I'll get my new iPad on Friday. My ipad2 has been in a gumdrop drop series rubber case and screen protection layer since day 1. It's in pristine condition. I think the gumdrop drop series ( military ) case for ip2 is possibly the best protection available anywhere. Seems otter box uses a plastic backing above the silicone backing. The hole in the back is not needed either but it looks nice I guess,
Gum drop ,drop series is the best $69 bucks I ever spent and there's no way another brand could do more to guard the device. I don't how long until an ipad3 case goes to market for gumdrop so it either griffin or otter box this time. I'm a little disappointed in gumdrop for not making one by now. I must hand it to who ever has one ready. They get my money ths time.

Where can you find the gumdrop protective covers to order?

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind - I googled it and found the website. They aren't available until March 28th. I need something between now and then.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ticka1 said:
Where can you find the gumdrop protective covers to order?

Gumdrop cases. You can google it that way. Pretty sure hard candy is the banner company name. They are not showing ipad3 cases yet but they are great for iPhone ,iPad ,iPod. I do not see any visible difference in gumdrop and griffin ' protective series. Just esthetics

Really , march 28th ? Great.

Last edited:

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first time getting an iPad and I need it well protected from my toddler so I ordered Griffin Survivor for iPad 2 which is supposed to fit 3rd generation iPad as well. I read reviews that the protective screen in the cover was not as snug against the iPad 2 so i'm guessing it will be against the new iPad bc it has more depth. I would've gone with the gumdrop but I can't risk waiting that long since I know my toddler will want to get her hands on it the first day it comes out of the box. I am okay with more bulk as long as the iPad is protected, obviously my 2 yr old doesn't know to keep her water/juice away from technology. I read reviews and it seems griffin survivor and gumdrop are equally as good! Bought mine from Amazon with free prime shipping so I'm guaranteed to receive it in 2 days.

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a Vaja Case. I always do. I will start out saying that I know they are too expensive and they really are - but they are just so beautiful, and I am just that weak when it comes to accessories (shoes and purses too).

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switcheasy just put their new redesigned Canvas on sale on their site. I love this case despite it's propensity to develop cracks. I have a few for my iPad 2. Just placed on order for the new one. It looks tweaked for sure (no latch, different look to the microfiber). I have an email into them to ask if they've solved the cracking issue (I got one replaced under warranty a few months ago. They have GREAT service).

Looks promising.

Canvas_2012-03-14.jpg

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a Vaja Case. I always do. I will start out saying that I know they are too expensive and they really are - but they are just so beautiful, and I am just that weak when it comes to accessories (shoes and purses too).

I hear ya. I scored a Libretto for my iPad 2, but didn't use it much because of the way it leaves too much of the iPad exposed. Apparently it works with the iPad 3 as well. I'm going to give it to my wife when I surprise her with a lightly used iPad 2 in due course. :D

I've got Vaja cases for a LOT of gadgets. :)

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your not kidding $220.00 for the vaja case! Well it does have nice colors.

"Post are better with pictures ".

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GpaigeG said:
have a look on ebay! Can you help me out please?:) I'm in a singing comp & need 5000 views by March24th but only have 1600 so far. PLEASE watch & please pass it onto everybody you know! I'm truly grateful! Thankyou SO much!!(any advice?)

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbz0C7v2YY

Sorry I hate Chris Brown because he beat up his girl friend. So the YouTube is a thumbs down for me.

"Post are better with pictures ".

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry off topic

Last edited:

txdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ticka1 said:
Anyone used the Otterbox cover for their IPAD? I use one on my phone and curious to hear how they work on Ipads?

Works great

Most reactions

Latest posts