What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad. Cannot connect to Wifi

06nbrnhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just got my Ipad 2 and I live on a university campus.

So I set up my Ipad but didn't register it with my Itunes account. I found and connected to my schools unprotected internet and I can't seem to access the internet. Even though I am connected and have wifi the Ipad doesn't pull anything up at all......it may as well not be connected.

What can I do?

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you actually get an ip address, maybe the procedure is stuck when trying to assign you an ip address!

OP

06nbrnhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea....all I know is I can't get my nets -.-

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
If you are connected, meaning that you see that you have a good signal and still connect access the web, there can be two things:

- you have to configure a proxy
- dns are not pre-confifure.

Since this is a school, there is a good chance that a proxy was put in place.

VicoPad addict!

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you see an ip address in the dhcp tab in settings when you view your wifi connection or the field is empty?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Could have sworn I posted a reply here...

Anyway.

Take a look at AutoWifi from the App Store. My university IT folk had me try it after I had trouble connecting to the open WiFi. And, it worked!

The free app "forgets" the settings after 4 logins - but there's a $1.99 (USD) paid version you can get if it turns out you can use it.

But, try the free app. Worth a shot, yeah?

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts