New iPad arrived...Tips on what to do first?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by mikespe, Feb 15, 2012.

1. mikespe

mikespe
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the big list! I'm checking out ZeroPC now...

2. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    No mention of Goodreader yet and that is my favourite app for all my lesson plans and teaching resources. There are loads of app suggestion threads on here so spend some time looking them up. Everyone has their FAVOURITE app but they may not necessarily be the one for you. Research - research - reasearch. I teach science to 11 - 16 year olds.
    p.s. just love it! I'm a member of appolitus - 650 apps later and £'s poorer.
    Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

3. michali

michali
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Oh yes! Goodreader, I forgot that, but,as you say, there are so many to research and find what is right for you.

4. mikespe

mikespe
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I bought Goodreader last night...it's not bad but I haven't really dived into the app yet...I also bought Pages which I like a lot too...I'll probably get Numbers & Keynote soon since I could use those (I teach Elementary Physical Education so I don't give a LOT of presentations but I do a few). I do need to get the adapter to plug my iPad into a LCD projector...anyone recommend a good AND inexpensive one?

Thanks

5. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    There are other very good office options besides just the Apple stuff. Docs to Go and Quick Office are excellent products that deserve a look for the teaching crowd. Just wanted to throw that in there. Make sure to get some fun games too, have some fun with it. :)