What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad and it's power strangeness

Ufo00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plug your new IPad(3) into a power outlet using the supplied power cord. Set your screen brightness to full or "max". Use your iPad while plugged into power. Watch the power percentage meter go down not up or have it even stay the same percentage level.

This doesn't happen with the iPad 2.

Why?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because the display of the new iPad 3 consumes more power.The solution is simple,don't set the screen brightness on maximum.

OP
U

Ufo00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I expected that response.

So, at what percentage level should I set my brightness setting to allow for charging to take place while using me iPad. Keep in mind that I didn't have to deal with this issue with my ipad2.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So, at what percentage level should I set my brightness setting to allow for charging to take place while using me iPad. Keep in mind that I didn't have to deal with this issue with my ipad2.

I would try just messing around with it to see what works. I keep mine on auto and frequently use it while it is plugged in with no issue. I would imagine that a lot has to do with what applications you are running as well.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ufo00 said:

So you knew the answer. What does it matter that you don't have to deal with thud on you iPad 2? You're not talking about an iPad 2, you're talking about the new iPad and that means it has new characteristics. Be real here. The screen on this iPad draws a lot more power and it can't store power while driving the screen at 100% brightness. So don't ask it to.

Most reactions

Latest posts