What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Air user

TJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Just wanted to introduce my self.
I'm TJay and I just bought a new iPad Air and I'm not understanding how to transfer everything from my old iPad 2 to the new one.
I turned it on and got to the part where it says start new or restore from iCloud.
Well,I hit restore from ICloud and addedmy ID and then I can't do anything else.
Was wondering if the forum could help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your iCloud account the same as your Apple ID?

If it isn't: you have to enter your iCloud account ID and password, then you'll be able to choose from which backup to restore.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to the iPad Help Forum where it will receive more attention.

OP
T

TJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iCloud account the same as your Apple ID?

If it isn't: you have to enter your iCloud account ID and password, then you'll be able to choose from which backup to restore.

I'm not much of a computer. Person so I was wondering if you could tell me how I can figure out what my ICloud acct would be. As far as I know it is the same but is there a place to check on it

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your iPad 2, if still possible, look at Settings - iCloud. There you'll see your iCloud account / ID.

OP
T

TJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your iPad 2, if still possible, look at Settings - iCloud. There you'll see your iCloud account / ID.
Yes it is the same and on the iPad Air it asks choose backups and I try to pick today at 12:14 but it won't let me pick it

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After entering your iCloud/Apple ID, you have to accept terms and conditions of use. In case you skipped that step, it might be possible that you can't choose a backup to restore from.

Most reactions

Latest posts