What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad 4th generation seeking advice on Microsoft office needs

scott924

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am totally new and seeking someone that could give me some specfic ideas of what will will work best for me in me using a Ipad. So, if you have some patientence and could help of what my main needs and whats are and if its possible, I would really appreicate. I have done alot of research, but ends up in frushtration and if someone or someones could lead me where I need to be that would be great.

I have a Ipad 4 retina 64 gb.

Here is what I would like to do. I work part time teaching classes. I teach a variety of fire, ems, safetly classes. Much of them that are classroom based are on powerpoint. I would like to use a Ipad to review my ppt, notes, ect instead of draging out the laptop I would like to review the presentation from a tablet. Some of the presentations have embedded videos has brief demostrations. I would like to store all my stuff on the Ipad. I am not really into making powerpoints or doing much editing. I also use word some and have a couple that use excel. I am not a expert in any, more of a user and can do minor adjustments.

I do occasional searches, like utube videos, and Netflix looks appealing. I am working my way through Itunes, since I have a iphone that helps. Also, I need a good calendar that can show me what i have scheduled in a monthly view that I could share with a select few.

I am not asking someone to do all my research, but someone who has experience and could lead me in a direction. In the powerpoint I would like to save them all to the device and pull them up from them not requiring a internet connection.
I have used Windows based computers all my life and the Big Apple messes my brain, is there a tablet that would be easier in my case than the Ipad. Any advice and specific direction would greatly be appreciated. If email would be more convienient it is [email protected] I did not mean to ramble on, but give as much info as I could. My appreciation in advance. Scott

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scott there are a lot of opinions and directions that you can go in. Since you already have the iPad 4 I also suggest giving Keynote a try but you may want to look at Documents to Go as I believe it doesn't lose any or as much formatting when bringing in a Microsoft document from a PC.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey bubba, I served as Youth Pastor at Woodland Baptist church in Springfield LA from 1997-2000. That's only 5-7 miles from you huh?

Most reactions

Latest posts