What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ipad 4 vs my ipad 1

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got me a new ipad a week ago. gave my old reliable ipad1 away. here is a small review of pros and cons of the ipad 4. compared to my old ipad1.

pros
battery life longer
NO MORE CRASHING!!!
speed very fast
smother
videos, movies and pictures are stunning a major upgrade.
the sound is a little richer. could be the case I use tho.
NO MORE CRASHING!!!
more responsive when fixing typing errors. like if I wanted to place the cursor between 2 letters it goes there.
can video my golf swing. before I had to video with I phone and transfer to ipad.

cons
takes longer to charge
gets a little hotter
don't like the lighting port thing, feels fragile, I like the big plug, was easier to use plus I have like 8 million of the old plugs.:)

I would say the upgrade to the new ipad from the first gen. was well worth it.

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
more responsive when fixing typing errors. like if I wanted to place the cursor between 2 letters it goes there.

hilarious, this drives me absolutely nuts!! (pad2) glad im not the only one with this problem ;) so much so i just had to reply!

thanks for sharing your pros n cons... :) enjoy your upgrade!

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hubby just got a iPad4 and it is so much faster. I went with him to a ipad workshop and when they had us open a site, mine took so much longer- I did learn how to remove all the pictures in photo since i use dropbox- gave me 2 gig more memory space- i am planning on getting an upgrade- just want to see if there will be a iPad 5 by the end of Oct- some retailers(walmart) have started dropping the price of the iPad4

Most reactions

Latest posts