What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 2 wifi

Lisamariesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I received my ipad2 16 wifi! I'm not new to apples but this is the first ipad for me. It's up and running and registered. I downloaded ibooks but don't see the icon on the ipad. Must be something real simple - -can you give me a hint?:)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Lisamariesmom said:
Today I received my ipad2 16 wifi! I'm not new to apples but this is the first ipad for me. It's up and running and registered. I downloaded ibooks but don't see the icon on the ipad. Must be something real simple - -can you give me a hint?:)

At the bottom there is an icon that looks like a magnifying glass and dot(s), if there is more than 1 dot, that means there is more than 1 screen of icons. Swipe right to go to search, swipe left to view the other screens of icons/apps.

Alternatively, swipe right to go to the search screen and type in ibooks

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

OP
L

Lisamariesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that but still can't see ibooks as a stand alone icon. If I go to the app store I see it and it indicates installed.

Razorsedge

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Could be a number of reasons (probably most beyond my limited knowledge).
My suggestions.
1. Connect to iTunes and sync. You may have downlaoded to iTunes but not synced it on to your ipad.
2. Connect to iTunes and click on your Ipad so you see the page where you can sync. At the top you will see "Apps" click it and make sure ibooks is ticked. (if its not just tick and sync. You may also need to change the setting at the end of the list of installed apps that säys "automatically syn new apps) .

good luck!

Personally i prefer an app called Stanza for reading.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you swipe the iPad screen to the left - thereby bringing in a screen from the right? The default place the App Store loads new apps is on page 2 of the iPad.

Marilyn

Most reactions