What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new iPad 2 question

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My MacBook pro lived just long enough to sync with my iPad last week. However, it appears it was not quite long enough, as I cannot get past the buy screen on mobile me to get to my accounts, even though my accounts are set up on my iPad.

Also, I cannot figure out how to post from the app for this site, for which I appologize if I'm mis-posting here - and would like instruction on that.
thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm guessing you were trying to get to me.com from your iPad. Won't work. Apple blocks this because the iPad's Safari browser lacks features needed to run the me.com site properly.

Instead you go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and create a MobileMe account there. This will set up your Mail, Contacts, and Calendar app to sync with the me.com site.

You should also get the iDisk, Find My iPhone, and Gallery apps from the App Store for access to those MobileMe features. Unfortunately the Gallery app is view only, so you can't create new Galleries with it. There is a workaround, but it's painful and involves the use of Atomic Browser, the Photo App, and some less than friendly steps.

Still, if you do this you'll get access to and sync with almost all your MobileMe stuff.

You can also use GoodReader to get to iDisk. Just set it up under the Connect to Servers tab.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Forgot about the iPad Forum app.

You have to be logged in to post to the Forum. Tap on the key shaped icon at the bottom and enter your user id and password. After that it's just a matter of tapping on the icon at the top right to reply to a thread that you are reading, or the arrow in a post's title bar to quote and reply.

To start a new thread you have to use the forum icon at the bottom and navigate to the forum you want to post in. Once there tap on the top right icon again and choose New Thread.

You can do quite a bit more. Don't be afraid to experiment.

OP
R

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I guess I'm rather SOL without my computer, and I suppose I won't be able to use the iBook feature as well?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
rtcfrtc said:
Thank you for your help. I guess I'm rather SOL without my computer, and I suppose I won't be able to use the iBook feature as well?

iBook is the oposite. You can only use it on the iPad. The only thing you cumputer will do is back up the books via iTunes and add books from other sources. Go to the app store and download iBooks. The iBook store is accesed through the app.

Most reactions