What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 2 owner

Butterfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought 2 new ATT 3G 32GB iPads. My wife and I cannot put them down.

I bought the ATT versions because we are moving to Italy in a couple months. We will be able to switch the sim cards once we get there.

I ended up ordering a third one for my parents so we can use FaceTime while we are gone.

By the way, I am looking for an app that I can use to track proceeds from a garage sale. I was envisioning something where I could enter people's names that are selling items, then when a sale happens I would click there name and enter the amount of sale. Then it would keep a running tally. (we need to downsize a lot!)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I saw your request for an app. Most members have suggested SignMyPad. It allows you to import a template PDF document - say created using Apple's Numbers (Excel compatible) app - and then add text boxes, buttons etc. You can fill in the various amounts, press buttons to accept options and then get the customer to 'sign' the document with a stylus or their fingers. Then, from that app, you can flatten the PDF (so it can't be editted any further) and email it to the customer for their records (or print it, of course). Have a look in the iPad App Store.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

Butterfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, great suggestions.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Easier to just use Numbers from beginning to end. Set up a single table with two columns. One for the sales amount and one for the item/description of sale. Then duplicate the sheet, one for each seller.

To enter that data, you'd just pick the seller's tab, and enter the data.

When done you could export the whole thing as a PDF, print it and hand the relevant pages to each seller.

@ Tim. I think you're over selling SignMyiPad. It won't do buttons or text fields. It just lets you draw and annotate, then place it where you will. Handy, but limited. I blame myself. When I first started talking about it I thought it would do a lot more than it does, and said so.

PDF Expert will do more, including handle forms and buttons, but I don't think you can create them in the app. Only fill them out.

Reaction score
Or use QuickSale.

It seems to be designed for quickly taking note of sales.

Played with it for a bit, but I am not in sales, so I can't really tell, whether it has all the required features. It nevertheless looks good to my eyes.

Most reactions

Latest posts