What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 2 owner

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what happened on iPad 2 launch day:

Woke up at 4am to order online. Noticed that the delivery wait said 2-3 days and changed my mind because that seemed like eternity. I decided to take me chance and go to Target(5 mins) and/or the Apple store(20 mins).

At 3pm, I called Target to see if they had any in stock and to check on lines. They had some in stock but no one was in line. I got to Target at 4pm and I was 3rd in line. Not bad right? Well, they only had 64 GB ones and I wanted a 16 GB black wifi only. i asked a friend to ride by the Apple store to check on the line and she was nice enough to stand in the line for me without me asking. As the hour went by i spoke to her and she told me that the apple employees would be giving out tickets beginning at 4:45pm. I stood in line at Target and decided to buy the one I didn't want anyway. I was out of the store at 5:05pm with the wrong iPad 2 and on my way to Apple in hopes to get the one I really wanted. I go to the Apple store at 5:20pm and my friend was number 120 in line. As soon as i met up with her they were giving her a ticket...yipee! We stood in line at apple for approximately an hour. The sales transaction took 5 mins and I was out of the store with my iPad. I then headed back to Target and returned the other one. I felt bad since Target had to open the box even though the plastic was still on and inspect it. I asked them what they were going to do with the now opened box and they told me that they had to ship it back to Apple. It was worth every minute of it!

Cons:
1) the camera sucks
2) my home button just started acting funny. Doesn't always work.
3) I'm still searching for a case so it's a little awkward to hold now.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what happened on iPad 2 launch day:

Woke up at 4am to order online. Noticed that the delivery wait said 2-3 days and changed my mind because that seemed like eternity. I decided to take me chance and go to Target(5 mins) and/or the Apple store(20 mins).

At 3pm, I called Target to see if they had any in stock and to check on lines. They had some in stock but no one was in line. I got to Target at 4pm and I was 3rd in line. Not bad right? Well, they only had 64 GB ones and I wanted a 16 GB black wifi only. i asked a friend to ride by the Apple store to check on the line and she was nice enough to stand in the line for me without me asking. As the hour went by i spoke to her and she told me that the apple employees would be giving out tickets beginning at 4:45pm. I stood in line at Target and decided to buy the one I didn't want anyway. I was out of the store at 5:05pm with the wrong iPad 2 and on my way to Apple in hopes to get the one I really wanted. I go to the Apple store at 5:20pm and my friend was number 120 in line. As soon as i met up with her they were giving her a ticket...yipee! We stood in line at apple for approximately an hour. The sales transaction took 5 mins and I was out of the store with my iPad. I then headed back to Target and returned the other one. I felt bad since Target had to open the box even though the plastic was still on and inspect it. I asked them what they were going to do with the now opened box and they told me that they had to ship it back to Apple. It was worth every minute of it!

Cons:
1) the camera sucks
2) my home button just started acting funny. Doesn't always work.
3) I'm still searching for a case so it's a little awkward to hold now.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

You certainly seem to have had a 'day to remember' in getting your new iPad!

You mention that the 'Home' button doesn't always work - if this becomes a problem, or if you have any concerns about it, take it back to the Apple Store and get them to check it out. Don't be unhappy about your new purchase.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Also the iPad2 manual is available at the Apple iBooks store. It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts