What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 2 crashing

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davidinvirginia said:
Now back to crashing after opening an app (doesn't seem to make any difference which one).

I would return it at this point. Two factory resets and still crashing to desktop....I suspect hardware at this point.

Sorry!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am late to this thread an am sorry that your refurb ipad is not working right, David.

I see Midranger and Seneca has walked you thru steps to resolve, but at this point-it does sound as if it is hardware. Keep us posted with what happen and certainly know that what is reflective of your ipad is atypical of ipad performance. It really is a great device and hope you can see that with a replacement of some sort.

OP
D

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like you are correct. Will work with it today and if the problem is still there will return it. Do you think I should go with another refurb and save the $50, or go with a new iPad 2? (The only black ones I can find are at our local Best Buy - everyone else (including the Apple Store) only has white.) After using the 2, I still think the 2 works for me and I want an iPad.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davidinvirginia said:
Looks like you are correct. Will work with it today and if the problem is still there will return it. Do you think I should go with another refurb and save the $50, or go with a new iPad 2? (The only black ones I can find are at our local Best Buy - everyone else (including the Apple Store) only has white.) After using the 2, I still think the 2 works for me and I want an iPad.

I would go new then you need not worry about this type of frustration again. Maybe Apple will surprise you considering they sold you the refurb that was not properly tested before they put it back in the sales channel.

OP
D

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called an Apple Store today. Returning the iPad 2 and going with the new iPad. I did learn that the 16 GB model can work for me. Thanks for all your help and hopefully my new posts will be about using my iPad rather than trying to get it to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts