What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad 2 beginner questions

iPhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Tim it's me agin. Two questions:-

1) I got the address of a url where I was supplied with the address for settings on iPad2 . It was good and looked just like the "General" heading in settings. On resetting I lost it and wnat it back . Doesd any one know what the address is please?

2)When I received my new iPad2 it had a sim card in it. What use is this card. I am trying to find some concern in our country that will provide 3G coverage.

3) Every time I try to download the user manual I get only PDF which is saved to unable to save to iPad. Maybe I am again in the wrong section but am not sure.

Dorian

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section, as I think it will receive better attention there.

For GSM coverage in South Africa, have a look here.

http://www.mobileworldlive.com/maps/network.php?cid=248&cname=South Africa

This should show you whether you're currently in an area that has cellular coverage.

On your final question, once you've downloaded the PDF version of the User Manual, if you touch the screen a menu will appear at the top and you'll be able to 'Open in iBooks', which will enable you to save the User Manual for off-line reading.

Don't hesitate to keep asking questions - that's what we're here for!!

Tim

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The manual is available directly in ibooks store, you don't need to download the PDF and convert it.

Most reactions

Latest posts