What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad 1 User with age-old camera question...

shumilw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just purchased an iPad 1 used from friend who upgraded. I am asking a question that has been posed I am sure too many times about a facetime camera adaptation; namely, is there one that works? I have been reading about the Sakar Disney iPad camera...does it work in a Skype environment with iPad1? We would very much like to use the iPad to Skype so we can see our 10 Mo granddaughter. We don't own an iPhone but do have an Android based LG phone. Any input or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shu

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just purchased an iPad 1 used from friend who upgraded. I am asking a question that has been posed I am sure too many times about a facetime camera adaptation; namely, is there one that works? I have been reading about the Sakar Disney iPad camera...does it work in a Skype environment with iPad1? We would very much like to use the iPad to Skype so we can see our 10 Mo granddaughter. We don't own an iPhone but do have an Android based LG phone. Any input or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shu

You're looking for a video camera, which I don't think exists for iPad 1. The Sakar Disney camera is just for taking still photos, which won't work with Skype.

Most reactions