What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iOS 6 Maps Feature Packs Some Amazing Functionality; Includes Siri Integration

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having lost the use of one extremely good app last year when Apple spitefully disabled it, I will be looking for crystal-clear reassurance that the Google-based map apps I am using now will continue to work in future before I go anywhere near iOS 6 and the new Apple maps app.

Even though I don't use the Google maps app, I do agree with this sentiment. The Google map app ought to be available via the app store. If it is free, I don't see how Apple can deny them.

What bothers me is that iOS 6 is getting fatter. 64GB is just not enough space.

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is useful for some people who need it. But I hope they release an app that you can easily close an application.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Not yet. Siri will become available on the iPad 3 with the release of iOS 6.

I wonder if this is true. I read somewhere there's an issue with the speaker. Notice it says better understanding Siri. I wonder if this means it will work better on our phones. I do hope Siri comes to the iPad, I would love that!

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand much on the 3D integration with maps. Any good map can provide a good direction. What I'm really interested is what the new OS can do for iPad 1, 2, 3 and make it better.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
I don't understand much on the 3D integration with maps. Any good map can provide a good direction. What I'm really interested is what the new OS can do for iPad 1, 2, 3 and make it better.

Sorry,Quake. The new iOS 6 is not compatible with the iPad 1.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
iPad's 1 stuck with OS 5 then. I'm just anxious what 6 got to offer.

I'm sure there will be plenty of posts on the subject of the release version of iOS 6 when it comes out later this year.

Most reactions

Latest posts