What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New io dock. Any thouhts?

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,don't know if anyone has purchased this yet but alesis has made the io dock for the ipad2. I'm on the verge of buying it but just wanted to find out if anyone bought one and has any views on it. I'm quite excited about it as,with two babies, i don't have much time on my hands to use my guitar pro tracks on my pc for recording. Obviously since the ipad2 is so covenient i thought this would be a worth while purchase. Any thought,
Cheers.
Eamonn

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read about it and it certainly looks cool.

I also have GT Pro and a Line 6 Guitar Port on my PC, and I'm staying with it since it's familiar. The iPad 2 is my first Apple product but it makes me wish I went with a Mac a long time ago.

Let us know if you get the Alesis and how it works out.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ColtsSN said:
Just read about it and it certainly looks cool.

I also have GT Pro and a Line 6 Guitar Port on my PC, and I'm staying with it since it's familiar. The iPad 2 is my first Apple product but it makes me wish I went with a Mac a long time ago.

Let us know if you get the Alesis and how it works out.

I know the feeling lad. But gt pro has been great to work on especially with drumcore. I'm going to buy it and see what its all about. I have a few alesis products already and they haven't disappointed. I'll let you know how it works out. Its not a bad price really at €154(£132) so won't break the bank! Report back soon!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased the io alesis dock for ipad2. Sweet! Thats it in a nutshell. It allows you to hook any midi device. Now i'm only getting into it now but its pretty user friendly,does what it says on the box! Just wondering if there are any music heads out there who can recommend a good app to work in tandam with it. I have ampkit and garageband but is there one that is more professional,don't mind paying for it if its good.
Cheers,
Eamonn

roccotanto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased the io alesis dock for ipad2. Sweet! Thats it in a nutshell. It allows you to hook any midi device. Now i'm only getting into it now but its pretty user friendly,does what it says on the box! Just wondering if there are any music heads out there who can recommend a good app to work in tandam with it. I have ampkit and garageband but is there one that is more professional,don't mind paying for it if its good.
Cheers,
Eamonn

how's it been working out so far?

it seems like the best solution for me, too.......

i want to be able to use my guitar modeling and effects amps at live gigs, and have fingertip access to all my parameters -- plus, it would look SEXY onstage :D

Eamonn -- any constructive feedback would be welcomed.

i have also been an ambient electronic music composer for 15 years, and have 6 albums out. each album has a "theme" or plan. my third album used NO keyboards AT ALL........was all step sequenced down to every last note.

i want my next album to be entirely composed and recorded on iPad :p

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,i've been away from the my ipad( terrible i know!)for a while. As a stay at home daddy of two( got redundany to restart my career in industrial design)the kids have me run off my feed at the moment so barely have time to scratch my ass! From what i've used,its definitally up to the job. I don't normally use keyboards in my music,but this will change hence buying the idock. What i've recorded so far is great,i've purchased some amps and pedals on the peavy ampkit and it makes some great sounds. As it is portable and can connect to stacks,it is a great tool for live gigs. The sound quality is fantastic even through the ipad speaker. I know its not much of a review but even as a partime musician i think you won't be disappointed with this neat bit of kit. I hope this helps.

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mulkeyusa said:
What is the latest on the iO Dock/iOS5 fiasco?

I'm not sure what is happening with io5 and idock. I haven't heard anything off any alesis news. I still haven't upgraded to ios5 as i want to see what happens,hopefully they can rectify it.

seanquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What was the iO dock fiasco? Just bought one but haven't tried to use it yet.
Any recommendations as to best recording App?
I have iPad 2 running iOS5. ???

OP
S

Scoobaru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seanquinn said:
What was the iO dock fiasco? Just bought one but haven't tried to use it yet.
Any recommendations as to best recording App?
I have iPad 2 running iOS5. ???

There is apparently some interface problems with ios5 and up and the iodock. It won't allow you to record,all you het is feedback of some kind. Nobody is putting their hands up about it either,alesis is saying it's apples problem and vice versa! Alesis have put a firmware upgrade which they say will fix the problem but reports are saying that it is not......so,after that I still haven't heard any further developments on the matter. Anybody enlighten?

cteasley3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the alesis io dock. I have ipad2 iOS 6.0.1 model mc770ll. My iPad will not recognize io dock. My wife's iPad with the same configuration, but model mc979ll will recognize io dock. Anybody know why or how to fix it for my iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts