What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New i pad user..need some help

billanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought an iPad 2and am making progress,but a bit slow.,so I hope that this forum is the place to get help.
From time to time a small arrow comes up on the screen saying "copy". What is this and what do I use it for.? I know that this is a pretty elementary question but we all have to start somewhere!!

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This happens normally while doing what?

OP
B

billanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel said:
This happens normally while doing what?

Is there a reply button on this forum without using the (quote) thing?

OP
B

billanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Any ideas about the "copy"button which keeps appearing?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The copy popup is for copying and pasting type. If you accidentally toggle it on, just touch somewhere onscreen to toogle it off. If it keeps popping up accidentally, it's because you're touching the screen when you shouldn't be. You need to hold your iPad by its frame and the bezel (the black or white edge where type doesn't appear). You're not meant to hold or randomly touch a touchscreen, because touch is how it's operated. When you touch the screen, you're telling the iPad to perform an action. In cases when your finger(s) rest on the screen, you're telling it to copy, and it's working as designed.

Last edited:
OP
B

billanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reckoned that was what it is for ..thanks ...so I press to copy,but how then do I paste.? I am used to doing this on a pc, but have got a bit lost on the iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reckoned that was what it is for ..thanks ...so I press to copy,but how then do I paste.? I am used to doing this on a pc, but have got a bit lost on the iPad.

To paste, start an email, document or note, then press your finger on the screen and you'll get a paste popup option. You can even paste on this forum, in a thread or post.

OP
B

billanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok...eventually managed to crack it. Easy when you know how!! Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts