What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New HP PRINTER D110a HELP

Sorash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys I NEED UR HELP NOW. Finally, thx to black Friday I got my e print hp D110. But since my laptop HV no cdrom so I HV to download the software. Now, I don't know wat to do the printer still looking for connection n my iPad say not printers found. Pls is anyone give my the step one by one PLZ. THX. SORASH.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First you need to get your printer on your network and be sure you can print from your pc... Read the printer manual to set up on your networ, not having cd install shouldn't hurt.

Once you've gotten your printer installed and functioning on your pc and network you'll find AirPrint to work, you may gave to go through the windows or Mac setup to enable on your laptop. Depends on the printer.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did it just the opposite. I got my new printer to work with the iPad first then my desktop. I was afraid that the computer might mess up the iPad by doing it first. Once the iPad worked I just ran the CD that came with the printer and selected wireless network.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did it just the opposite. I got my new printer to work with the iPad first then my desktop. I was afraid that the computer might mess up the iPad by doing it first. Once the iPad worked I just ran the CD that came with the printer and selected wireless network.

I'm a little puzzled. If you got it working with iPad first, what did you do with the CD?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your printer is compatible and on the same network as your iPad it couldn't be easier to print.

10%2012%3A15%3A52%20PM.png

10%2012%3A15%3A56%20PM.png

Last edited:

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Same here. I powered up the printer (B110a), wirelessly connected to the Internet (typing in the pass phrase was a bit tedious) and updated the firmware, all without firing up my PC.

The iPad found it and printed a document on the first attempt and has worked well since.

Installing on the PC later on was much more tiresome.

I wonder if HP will bring out a scanning app for their printers.

I still begrudge having to buy a new printer to do this. Wireless, driverless printing is great, I just didn't need another printer with different ink cartridges.

Mike245

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make network visible

For those having problems with eprinters, ensure you try making your wifi network visible before going through the initial setup with your eprinter, especially from HP. I entered mine absolutely correctly manually and my 3Wire modem ID was not recognized by my HP c410a. As soon as I selected the "make the network ID visible" option for my router, the HP found it instantly.

After setting up the printer on the network, I made the router invisible again for added security. AirPrint has worked perfectly since.

Hope that helps someone.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After setting my router I have had no printing problems from any of my PCs or directly from my ipad,however some app do not let you print directly from them just as the owners guide says.My printer is a HPD110a

Al

Most reactions

Latest posts