What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here, researching due to considering buying 2 iPads

msboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone..... I'm just delving into the 'World of iPad'. Probably know enough to get myself into trouble but learning a lot. Wanting to get an iPad for my grandson (age 5) and one for myself. At this point, wish I'd purchased the first generation..... then could skip 3, wait for 4 or 5 to be released. Oh well, seems we always want the next release/version of tech items on the market. I'm really interested in the iPod 3 due to possibly having the Retina type screen..... guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Anyone have a crystal ball out there???:D

Love this forum. Great input, gives one a lot to think about.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be Spring 2012 before the iPad3 is out - certainly not before. There are a number of refurbished iPad1s available from Apple or on the open market. You'll find details of them in this Forum. They come with a full 12 month warranty and are cosmetically perfect.

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have a crystal ball out there???:D

I have one. Apple will NEVER put flash on any of their devices. Research that before you purchase an iPad. Then. Research it again and again. You must see if the sites you visit require flash.

Just sayin'....

And:

Welcome, from Cali!

OP
M

msboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To purchase, or not to purchase iPad2

Thanks for your input, Tim and Cali-----much appreciated.

My daughter and I researched, asked questions (owners/friends, and online here, of iPad 1 & 2), you name it. Neither of us wanted to get caught in the back and forth of 'get the2.... wait for the 3..... but what about the 4' and so on. Already knew IF we had purchased iPad1 we would have been happy to have it. We tend to buy tech stuff when needed and keep for a while. Went to the Apple Store yesterday and bought two iPads and we are HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY ! :D

ANOTHER QUESTION: does anyone know of a good protective (front and back) cover for iPad2. I went on and purchased Apple's Smart Cover and love that but want all around protection. So far I have found a great one at Zoogue but still looking.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several dedicated threads here in the Accessories section of the Forum with extensive discussions and reviews of all the cases and iPad protection. Have a look; I'm sure you'll find some interesting posts there.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts