New guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by RaduC, Jan 8, 2013.

1. RaduC

RaduC iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everybody.

After a life filled with PCs, windows, palm pilots and similar devices (but used iPhones since 3), my wife offered me for Xmas an IPad4, 4g and stuff. I was sort of annoyed, thought to change it for an android tablet, BUT, after a few hours' play with it I simply cannot leave it one second ; that is all, I presume :) and of course I have a lot of questions.

Have a nice day !

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

3. readyfreddie

readyfreddie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi my wife just bought the iPad 2, normally she is not into all me this New technology, but since she had it she is so happy with it, still learning the ins and outs of if, she would like to know if you can sync the iPad 2 with a android phone, namely, the Samsung galaxy y phone. Also if she could use the phone as a hot point. We are getting ready to go to the states and we would like to stay connected. Any help? Freddie

4. Ruthie

Ruthie iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I very much doubt it as they run on two different operating systems, IOS for the iPad and android for the Samsung. I do not think they are compatible. I expect you will get a response soon from an expert, but that's what I think anyway. Have fun in the states.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,014 / 0
    If your phone (the Samsung) is capable of creating a WiFi hotspot AND the carrier has a plan that will allow you to create a hotspot, then sure, you can use the phone to connect the iPad. The iPad doesn't care from where the WiFi signal is generated - as long as it can see one (and connect to it), then it's good to go.

So, the biggest things are if your phone is capable and if your carrier supports it.

Marilyn