1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New guy Microsoft Exchange Gmail Problems

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by michaelrj9, Mar 6, 2013.

1. michaelrj9

michaelrj9 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am trying to get my Gmail working on my iPad & iPhone too.
    I never used Microsoft Exchange before and must be doing something wrong because it never works. (I can set up my gmail on the iPad & iPhone not using exchange but I want to use the other features of exchange syncing contacts calendar etc) I always get "Cannot Get Mail" "The connection to the server failed" or "password incorrect" "Enter the password for the exchange account "exchange" Which I know it is the correct password.
    When setting it up I always use my full Gmail address ending in @gmail.com & password with the server being m.google.com. The setup finishes without any errors but when It checks for email I get those errors.
    Please help

Thanks
  2. Todd M

Todd M iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    GMail no longer allows ActiveSync (Exchange) connections as of 1/30/13, only IMAP. It's not a push, but a fetch service. You will have to use the GMail app going forward if you want those types of features that were part of the Google Sync feature set before they stopped allowing it.
    • Like Like x 1