What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New frame ware advantages ?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Understand that now iPad os is 4.2 . Mine is still 3.2.2

May I know what is the imp feature of 4.2

Paul

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
folders, multitasking (not the same way a pc does)

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi joyful

If I plan to jb my iPad , does it mean that I should not upgrade my firm ware now ?

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi joyful

If I plan to jb my iPad , does it mean that I should not upgrade my firm ware now ?

You won't be able to jailbreak 4.2 until the Shatter exploit is officially released. It seems to be in its final stages before release.

I was jailbroken on 3.2.1, but I did not see enough reason to stay jailbroken and went ahead and put 4.2 Beta 2 on my iPad 3G.

On the iPhone 4, I do have a good reason to stay jailbroken. Namely, I want to be able to use tethering in an emergency, and I want to be able to use a good call firewall like MCleaner or iBlacklist.

Since my iPad is a 3G model, I don't have much reason to stay jailbroken and I wanted to see what the Game Centre was like, and I wanted to be able to go ahead and play with the folders and have multi-tasking work the same way that it works on the iPhone.

We could argue for a few days about whether or not it is worth staying on 3.2.1 and jailbroken to enjoy Multifl0w instead of iOS 4.2 multitasking. :)

IMHO, Multifl0w is great, and very nice to look at, but it is not by itself reason to stay jailbroken when more and more applications are being configured to comply with iOS multitasking requirements.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sir ,

Thank you for your sharing. I will try to install mywi as now I still use cable .

My main reasons to jail break my iPad is because of quick office program which can allow me read all doc from iPad . As iPhone is too small for that. Do you have any suggestion ?

Folder apps not a good feature for me. As I have come to a stage I only use iPad for internet surf email and play my favors invader game and watch movie from podcast . Also multi task is not so imp too. And not forget I use checklist lite most of the time to help me org my work. Without it I won't be able to as I rely it very much.

So I still will jb my iPad.

Most reactions