What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Flash impact with traffic cams

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I suppose I should have known this, but it was severely frustrating. It occurred to me that I could really improve my commute to have real-time traffic info via traffic cams. This was going to be perfect! With the Ram Mount I have installed in the car it would be simple to call up a specific section of road to see the rush hour volume... I was so psyched... :D

So I tried to open the site on my iPad. :mad: As you might imagine the traffic cams were programmed to use Flash streaming video.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about iSwifter?

I have tried iSwifter - it works with the live IPL feed which uses Flash.

(IPL = Indian Premier League)

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Somerled said:
Try the app Traffic View - Make sure you go to their website and verify they have your city in their database first. they are adding more and more, but verify first.
"City?" Did you say city? I never drive in the city. My commute is 65 miles one way through 4 Maryland counties. But I'll try out traffic view and see what they have to offer. Thanks.
...edit...
Ok, checked it out. Maybe it works for you, but I found it sorely ineffective. Thanks for the lead anyway.

Last edited:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
There are several apps for traffic information. I like the Google maps as it is showing me using colors the traffic status of any road. I remember using an app that was going a little further on this, but I don't remember the name...

One app that is really interesting is Waze. It's free and community based. If you have enough users in your area, then you'll get notified of traffic jams, accidents, road blocks, etc... And you can try to get the best score of the week ;). And also, you can reports incidents, thus helping others...

It works on the iPad and the iPhone.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts