What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Country trouble

DONALD ASHTON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm back in UK after losing my dear wife in February. I bought my Ipad3 in the States and now I have trouble changing over to the APPS over here. The store asks me my password, then wants confirmation of my credit card then address. It will not let me put the new data in I have here. Maybe I need to do a hard reset and clear out everything to do with the States.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF!

What do you mean when you say that it does not allow you to put the new data? Sorry, I could not understand.

However, what you could try is switching over to the US App Store from : App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > (Enter your password) > Country and region > UK.

image.jpg

Sorry to hear about your wife. My thoughts are with you, life has to go on...

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm back in UK after losing my dear wife in February. I bought my Ipad3 in the States and now I have trouble changing over to the APPS over here. The store asks me my password, then wants confirmation of my credit card then address. It will not let me put the new data in I have here. Maybe I need to do a hard reset and clear out everything to do with the States.

Hi Donald - my sincere condolences about losing your 'dear wife' - best of wishes.

As already stated, you likely need to switch your Apple accounts from the USA to the UK; if still have problems, please refer to this Apple Support Article - good luck - Dave :)

OP
D

DONALD ASHTON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For example, I try to download a game. It asks me for my password. I type the password in then it asks me to verify my credit card even though it's a free game. OK I type in the code, security code, then my address but it wants a USA address and keeps asking me the State. There is no country list to pick out UK from so I'm totally stuck. Having set this IPAD up in the USA I seem to be stumped trying to make full use of it over here.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to change the App Store country while using the same Apple ID.

Go to App Store - Featured or Settings - iTunes & App Stores. There, tap your Apple ID. Then select "View Apple ID". You'll have to enter your password, then you'll see "Country/Region" as third option, with your Apple ID as first one. Tap this, then you are able to choose a country. You'll need a payment method and an address for this country.
If you intend to keep this country in your App Store and not change back to the USA, this is what you can do.

If you want to change between App store countries, set up a second Apple ID with a Gmail address, a payment method and an address in the UK, then you can easily switch between both countries by signing out of the one Apple ID and signing in to the other one.

To set up a new Apple ID, you'll have to tap your current Apple ID and sign out. When you tap again, select "Create Apple ID" and use the Gmail email address, address from the UK and the payment method you prefer. "None" is also an option.

Hope that helps.

And : sorry for your loss!
image.jpg

Last edited:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too am sorry for your loss. I have an iPad 3 which I bought in the States. When I am over there I change the App Store as suggested, however, I use another account, my wife's account, which has my US bank details. When in the UK I use my normal id which has my UK bank details. As J. A. suggests, set up a UK ID for use in the UK. Just remember that you will then have two Apple ids, one for the US and one for the UK. It certainly works for me.
Good luck and I hope things get brighter for you, they will, I have been there :)

Most reactions