What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New copy of iTunes on PC

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
I have just had a total crash on my laptop and have had to reformat and install Windows 8 and a new copy of iTunes.
How do I get everything back from my iPad back on to iTunes?
I am a bit wary that iTunes will delete some valuable pictures, music and videos on the iPad if I tell iTunes to "sync" as there is no media at all in any of the folders on the Laptop at the moment.
In short I want all the media on the iPad to be put back on to the laptop.
Many thanks in advance for any help

Nos Vemos .................. Gerry N .........Sent from my iPad

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can only restore iTunes from a backup copy which was on disk or another hard drive, you can't ever do it from an iOS device.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can try CopyTrans Manager or Media monkey. I have used CopyTrans to get files from an ipod. It should work for the music and pictures.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just had a total crash on my laptop and have had to reformat and install Windows 8 and a new copy of iTunes.
How do I get everything back from my iPad back on to iTunes?
I am a bit wary that iTunes will delete some valuable pictures, music and videos on the iPad if I tell iTunes to "sync" as there is no media at all in any of the folders on the Laptop at the moment.
In short I want all the media on the iPad to be put back on to the laptop.
Many thanks in advance for any help

Nos Vemos .................. Gerry N .........Sent from my iPad

If you connect your iPad to your laptop via the USB sync cable, and back up to iTunes, you can go into that recently downloaded iTunes app on your laptop and choose to sync FROM your iPad TO the laptop without losing any data on your iPad.Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions