What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Bee

wrsvett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just joined today as I was looking for some help leaning about Trash Can on the i-pad2. I deleted a picture that I really would like to have back. Can anyone help with this issue? I've been reading the i-pad manual but haven't found anything about how to retrive a deleted picture. I'm new to the i-pad world but wanting to learn how to use all the powerful tools that they offer.
Thanks for your help in advance.
WRSVETT

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh dear - I'm afraid that picture is gone. The iPad does not have a Trash can (or Recycle bin) and so once you delete something, it's gone.

The only hope there may be is if you have a backup that was made before you deleted that picture. If so, you can either (1) use a [free to try] program like iBackupBot to see if you can access that photo (on your computer) or (2) restore that backup onto your iPad and hope the picture is put back on during the backup (they usually are put back - but no guarentees).

That is one of the hazards of using a device with no central file system. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
W

wrsvett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn for your quick answer and I'm afread I hadn't done a back up for several weeks so I'm thinking the picture I really wanted is gone. I will make it a habit to do a back up every week from now on. Thanks so much again Marilyn..

Most reactions

Latest posts