What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Awesome Case - Crux360

alnlui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found an awesome iPad case and I pre-order it at once.

The Crux360™ is the worlds first clamshell-keyboard case that allows you to use the iPad® in a multitude of positions. It’s features an full bluetooth® keyboard. Great for entering large amounts of text for emails and word processing. In addition, the Crux360™ Features four modes:

1) Laptop Mode, which allows use of the keyboard.
2) Movie Mode, great for watching videos, playing games, or just surfing the internet.
3) Tablet Mode, great for reading books or magazines.
4) Carry Mode, when not in use the Crux360™ closes up and protects your iPad’s® screen from nicks and scratches.

The Crux360™ does all of this while still allowing you access to all the ports and buttons on the iPad®. The Crux360™ is great for students and road warriors who need the portability of the tablet computer and the functionality of a laptop.

Crux Case – Crux360

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get these laptop type cases....just get a laptop?!?! It's neat, I just don't see the point.

ezziriah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm looking for something like this because I am in school and would be using the Pages App a lot so I want something I can take with me if I need to

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is actually what I've been waiting for. I was holding out for the Clam Case (www.clamcase.com) but Crux just got my money.

I'm not looking to make my iPad into a laptop but I do like the protection it offers, different form factors and using an occassion keyboard.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also wanted the $99 clam case but the delays and lack of communication are killing me. I ordered the $149 crux case 360 and they are scheduled to ship starting March 10. I do have concerns though. 1) Their website still does not have a specs tab listing weight, length, etc. & 2) Their website does not have the basic customer login so as to check on order status etc.

I contacted Dan, with their company and he assured me they were working on updating the website. That has been 7-10 days ago.

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry....but you may as well get a laptop if you're going down this road.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scott_R1 said:
Sorry....but you may as well get a laptop if you're going down this road.

Your opinion... But for me there is a massive difference in the apps of the iPad as compared to the software of the laptop, and several other differences between the two. So I try to get the stuff I like better such as the keyboard and incorporate it into the iPad. Works for me...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only reservation would be the fact that for a new (unproven) product, it's quite pricey. As another member has pointed out, they're trying to sell a product for which specifications haven't even been published yet. It makes you wonder how extensively the product has been tested before actual shipping, or if it'll turn into another DodoCase...

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was sure I would be getting a Bluetooth keyboard case but waited until I used my iPad for a while. Boy am I glad I did! it turns out I'm a speedy right hand typist and I love laying around or standing up (in line) writing away. The one thing I wish was on the list of keyboard choices is the one designed for one hand typing that takes to account the most used letter combinations so there is less lateral motion using one hand. They can be for right or left. Someone said the French keyboard is faster so I tried it and was surprized how easy it was to adapt to a new layout but it's not made for one hand so it really isn't any better.

RW2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think the case is great for the niche market that it supports but I will pass. As others stated if I wanted a laptop I would have bought one. I love the functionality of my iPad just as it is.

nna528

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally think it would come in handy for travelling, I'm not sure my complete thoughts on them yet... I understand the 'turning into a laptop concept' ... but for me it would be nice to have when I'm out and about or have some down time on the job and need to work on a paper for school. Otherwise, I would like for the ability to take it out and use it alone when I'm leisurely browsing or checking email and such. I'm just not sure how easy it would be to get out of the case and use freely on the go.

I think that's one of the cool things about the iPad itself, is it's versatility, and I wish more accessories would catch up to it.

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the clam case 3 days ago and I love it. It is heavy but functions great! The weight doesn't bother me since 95% of my usage is mixed between desk, couch, and bed. Very seldom do I just hold the iPad like say a book.

I do notice the ipad battery takes a hit due to the Bluetooth keyboard but I am usually around a charge cable. Today I was at a conference from 9 till 2 and I took a page of notes on and off, checked email 10 times, did a little surfing, and battery was down to 72%. Before keyboard probably would have been around 80-85% with such light usage.

Keys feel good, case shuts nice, case stays in position nicely, no complaints.

chriskitoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the links to the clamshell cases - I'd not seen those before, but I agree with the sentiment - you may as well get a lap-top. The new MacBook Air offers full lap-top perfromance for not that much more than the cost of the iPad and the expensive keyboard case combination. I was going to say that the Zaggmate offers much better value but I just checked the Clamcase website and they've reduced the price. It seems very heavy though at 1.8lbs.

Most reactions

Latest posts