What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New apps on iPad not syncing back to iTunes

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand iTunes. I have downloaded several apps directly to my iPad over wireless. I connected the iPad to my PC and watched it perform (a) a backup, and (b) said it was syncing and then complete. The apps on my iPad are now not showing up in iTunes. I assume I want them to show up in case I need to do a restore or something.

If I select Sync in iTunes it only seems like it is going to push the few in iTunes to the iPad. I want the ones from my iPad to go back to iTunes, right? :confused:

OP
W

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aww crap, figured it out. I had to right click the iPad in iTunes and select 'Transfer Apps' and that did it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also check the sync settings for Apps. When your iPad is connected, you can select it from the device list, go tot he Apps tab and make sure you are set to sync. Include the bottom check mark to Automatically sync new apps if you don't want to use the Transfer Purchases option all the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts