What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New app needed!!

vickyjamesd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new and could be posting in completely the wrong place but we (and many families with young or special needs children) are DESPERATE for someone to invent an app where all sounds (music, videos and apps) can be controlled by a password or a lock. My son has autism and is forever turning the volume of his vids and films up...it drives us crazy. I have bought volume limiting headphones but he either takes them off or chews through the audio cable...please help! How can I lock and password protect the volume for all outputs on his Ipad1 Thank you :)

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vickyjamesd

I think there's an option for that but is not available on the original iPad. You need an iPad 2 or 3 . It's available only on iOS 6.0 and you can't upgrade you software to iOS 6.0 on iPad 1. It's built into the OS and it's called Guided Access, you can limit the the user input in ONE app. ex the hardware buttons ( home + volume buttons, lock button).

Only downside is that you limit his freedom with the tablet, you need to enter the password again if he wants to exit the app, you completely lock him into that app and need to enter the password again to exit and open a different app. Check the Apple website.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts