New and Need Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Burkevtb3, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Burkevtb3

Burkevtb3 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new to IPad and new to this site. So far I love the IPad, but my only issue right now is that my streaming, via YouTube and abc player is very slow. It's very frustrating trying to watch a video or movie that pauses every few seconds. Is there any advice?
  2. J.D

J.D iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Let it load up and then pause it to buffer then play it again once it has buffered (shouldn't take too long) or it could be you have a slow Internet connection or maybe you have busy Internet traffic...
  3. Bruce S

Bruce S iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Slow Streaming

I am fairly new at this also, there are probably others that have better suggestions.

youTube on my iPad takes about 5 seconds between tapping on the YouTube and the video playing, the time to buffer up and play the video seems to vary according to the resolution of the video. I also use Netflixs and I noticed that the movie will go fuzzy if I move the iPad to far from the wi/fi router.

I found from a posting in this forum that you can check your wi/if speed with speedtest app for iPhone, I used it to check my 3G and wi/fi speed. I have a D-link router (DIR 655) and my wi/fi speed runs 1800 to 2200 Kbps (20 feet from the router) it slows down to 1000 Kbps when my TV is streaming Netflixs from a LAN cable on my network. I read in another post that when a baby monitor was turned on, the person's wi/fi really bogged down. The app is free and I recommend you use it to check out your speed and it may help to trace a problem if you have one.

Best of luck
    Bruce