What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New and Need Help

Mbtrav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Silverlight 5 web application I have to access for my employment. This is what I was advised to do:

How to use xxxxxx with a Tablet or iPad
1. You must have a Dropbox account first.
2. Go to Nexus Install Free.
3. Sign in with your Dropbox account
4. Click "Allow"
5. Select your Dropbox account, click the + button
6. Select "New URL".
Once this is saved, you won't need to do this step again.
7. Select the URL and the xxxxxxx screen opens in the right pane
8. Press the full screen button. Done!

Now that WatchDox purchased Nexus InstallFree, can anyone advise what to do now so I can view this app on IPad???

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only solutions I know of involve using remote desktop apps like Slashtop or LogMeIn. There is a new kid on the remote desktop block, Avatron's Air Login. The interesting thing about this one is that you can fill your entire iPad or iPHone screen with just one computer app, complete with the proper menu bar.

All three of these (if memory serves) offer over internet as well as wi-fi connection, though the internet option may cost more.

But you'll need a computer that you can leave on and connected to the internet, and load the client software on.

OP
M

Mbtrav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, I think I got it. So yes, I use LogMeIn with a computer that is on all the time. So you are saying pull up the Silverlight app on that computer, leave it up and then just remote access it on the IPad, correct?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, I think I got it. So yes, I use LogMeIn with a computer that is on all the time. So you are saying pull up the Silverlight app on that computer, leave it up and then just remote access it on the IPad, correct?

More or less, though you don't have to leave the Silverlight app up unless you want too. When you remote access the computer you have full (if somewhat awkward) control. You can start any of the computer apps from the iPad. Though, leaving it up would probably be a time saver.

When you use a remote desktop app your iPad becomes your screen, keyboard, and mouse; but the actual programs are running on the computer. You can do anything that you could do on the computer. The flip side is that you can only do what you can do on that computer. For instance, you would not be able to take a document you are viewing via the remote desktop app and print or save it to the iPad. Not directly. Though you can get around this two step style by having a DropBox, Box, or other cloud account/app on both the computer and iPad.

OP
M

Mbtrav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info; it has been very helpful ;)

Most reactions